It's leaving, just as fast as it came. And all that's left is the last 10 days of this holy month which is when Lailatul Qadr is said to be present amongst us.
All prayers will be answered during this night. So, what do you pray for?
Often we lose ourselves in the pursuit of the dunya. We wish for materialistic things, and even if we pray for our well-being, like mercy from God and for our sins to be forgiven (which is all great, don't get me wrong), did we stop and think about how that one dua could be a savior to someone else? Someone other than ourselves.
Like our brothers and sisters who are starving.
Like the kids who lost their parents in war.
Like world peace.
Who would you lend your hand to?
Who would you give prayers to?
Who would you save?
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Friday, June 14, 2013
fudgesicles why do I get the feeling that I've been writing about the same stuffs lately
fudge it's like deja vu
I'm supposed to be reincarnated into a different caste, not born again the same person (by me, I meant my writing)
Saturday, May 18, 2013
So, how do you expect one to open up and for you to not do the same?
I'm not really in favor of letting someone else wholeheartedly into my life. I do keep things to my own; my flaws, my problems, my reasons and explanations. But I guess opening up and letting someone in is the fundamental of forming a relationship. We wouldn't have friends if we're like that, eh?
It's not a secret that I bottle things up. I've always had this guard up but am so welcoming when it comes to being there for someone else. I'd empty my "bottles" and let the other person fill them up with their rants, secrets or problems. This is what I am. And this is what I do best. I love to the carry the burden of other people and let no one else carry my own. I love being the shoulder to cry on, the one who wipes the tears away, the one who will listen and give you a hug afterwards.
I take after my mother in a sense that I am always the one who has to be strong for others.
This explains why it's not easy for me to simply let it all out. The rule to being strong: never show your weaknesses.
Now, this is me, saying that I'm exhausted.
And for once, I wish that someone else would let me in for letting them in.
"If you're being strong for everyone else, then who's going to be strong for you?"
I have no idea.
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Don't mind me (or the posters at the back, those are not mine). Just having a kitty photo that's all.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Thursday, May 09, 2013
Today marks the end of my first semester here in Iowa State.
I must say that it took quite a while for me to get here, but in the same time felt like 5 months whizzed before me like a cyclone (pun intended).
Be warned that from here on, this post will be one of those cliche-as-hell-I-just-got-an-epiphany kind of posts. Hey, I'm the new kid on the block here (literally, I will explain), so let me have my have my moment as I contemplate the purpose of my existence in sublime thoughts. Shaiza~
So for starters, let me try and recap what I've been through upon arriving in America conveniently in the form of bullet points:
- I set foot on American soil for the first time in my life accompanied by the wonderful presence of my darling parents (who decided to come along with me and help me get settled).
- I had roommates for the first time. I have to say that this was quite the experience.
- I learned what it's like to live on your own and managing things by yourself (MAJOR adult things if I might add).
- I adapted to the American education system a while ago, but this time, I had to actually participate in an American-centered classroom. Well, let's not be racist here. Students of other races and ethnicities holds a big number of percentage in the ISU population too.
- I participated in a parade (this time without playing any instruments), did some volunteering and also was an active member in some of the heritage clubs (mostly of my own/Malaysian).
- I learned how to play futsal.
- I found out how it feels like to be in a long distance relationship.
- I realized that sometimes I'm too nice and taken advantage of.
- I also realized the importance of my decisions; what to do, who I surround myself with, how will this benefit me, etc.
- I learned how to carry myself better, stick to the values I believe in and not give a damn what others think of me.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
"Still now, I send letters into space
Hoping that some mailman somewhere will track you down
And recognize you from the description in my poems,
And he will place a stack of them in your hands and tells you,
'There is a girl who still writes you
She doesn’t know… how not to.'"
Monday, March 04, 2013
I want to be closer to God.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Why be angry?
Or even think about wanting things
Since you're not even mine to begin with.
I have no rights.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013